Every time browsers upgrade their version, programmer also will face headache on the application compatibility. I got one application that run on IE7 but somehow some customer complained that it won't work on their browser which is IE8. But I found solution , so I posted it here so I don't have to Google every time I forget. <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" /> Put the code inside inside head tag like below: <head><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" /></head> I got this from Introducing IE=EmulateIE7 . Not sure what happen if they upgrade to version 9, but for time being just enjoy.