Note: All credit goes to Salesforce, I am just a developer who enjoy playing trailhead and try to make note to myself.Which one I should use?Lightning Experience or Salesforce Classic?
Lightning Experience might be right for some or all of your org if:
- Your sales team does business-to-business sales using accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, custom objects, and the other sales features supported in the new user interface.
- You want to pilot the new user interface with a group of sales reps.
- You’re looking to reboot your Salesforce implementation. This is a great opportunity to introduce new features because you’re doing change management anyway.
- Your sales team makes regular use of features that aren’t yet available in Lightning Experience, such as quotes, forecasting, or territory management.
- You primarily use customer service tools or other non-sales features.
- You want a single experience for your sales and service teams.
- Custom Java script button.It can be replaced by point and click tools, Process builder, Visual Workflow and code driven approaches.
- Some of Appexchange.Check out on the Lightning Ready certificate to ensure the apps is working on Lightning Experience.
- Custom tab because tab is replaced by collapsible navigation menu at the left side.
- Visualforce and apex.It works but it requires revision.
- By default, the “Lightning Experience User” permission is automatically enabled for all users with a standard Salesforce profile.
- If we have Standard User that should not get access to Lightning Experience move it to Custom Profile.
- If we have Custom Profile user that should access to Lightning Experience, create Permission Set that includes 'Lightning Experience User'.
- All above not applicable for Group Edition because Custom Profiles are not available .We can’t remove the “Lightning Experience User” permission from org’s standard profiles, and custom profiles aren’t available. So it’s “all or nothing” if we want to turn on Lightning Experience in Group Edition—all our users will be enabled to use the new interface. But we can control who is immediately switched into the new interface and who remains in the classic interface until they’re ready to switch themselves.
Trail Head Link Lightning Experience Basics